Technical Engineer Job Description: Throughout the world, Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations, with the headquarters in Volkswagen, Volkswagen Group is the world’s leading automobile maker and the largest carmaker in Europe. The group consists of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Car, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and Man. Here in America, we are mixing German engineering with American skills. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Electronics Research Laboratory (ERL) is becoming the center of automotive electronics expertise in North America. Engineers’ ERL team works with researchers and development teams around the US, Germany and the world. Our mission is to develop innovations and technologies for the next generation of cars, and to move technologies from automotive domain to many industries.
Technical Engineer – ERL000298
Primary place: United States-California-Belmont
- Two letters Infinite Opportunity Bright Future
Innovative Sophistication Optimization This is our passion
- Technical Engineer’s hands to modify prototype vehicles
- This situation is part of the technical workshop team which focuses on the chain development support of electronic / electronic systems.
- Be able to find engineering support, vehicle conversion, general ground solution and work well in multi-disciplined environment.
- Estimate of travel is 15-20%
- Install and prepare vehicles with logging tools.
- Authenticate and certify vehicles in compliance with safety rules Diagnosis and analysis
- Coding as per the update using PR-number, software installation / flashing and industry standardized tools.
- Included training, parts and equipment purchase etc.
- Contact between factory, testing and technical team including customers.
- Start Network and Communications
- Process improvement and procedures
- Regular interaction with international partners (internal and external)
- Partner with VW Group Development Department for testing, launch and series support of electronic car systems
- Working with Automobile and Testing Electronics Hardware and Software Suppliers
- SDS-system test coordination with external companies
- Advocate product improvement ideas
- Identify and highlight the new techniques / trends to stakeholders who will push the field forward.
- System and concept recognition,
- With the focus on North American market specifications, make and update test procedures, plans and routes for efficient laboratory and test drive
- Test Execution and Coordination Labs and Field Tests
- Communicate through testing tools and results through advanced equipment for standardization groups and standard reporting system, prepare regular project status reports.
- Other U.S. Database for specific navigation testing databases, installation and maintenance of error reporting cross-link objective quality results
- Error and bug-fix verification
- The base of electronics testing for the VW group in the US
- Ensure the reality and function of the installation of the test (system and vehicle), maintain and operate the input test-bench system
- Prepare vehicles for test drive
- Integrated new prototype in build-up, package, and cars
- System and error analysis
- Pre-analyze system behavior in error conditions
- Regenerate system malfunction
- Categorize cluster and error patterns
- Use advanced testing, logging and analysis tools
Years of Experience:
At least 8 years of experience
3 related technical certificates
The first experience in related areas of expertise (vehicle electronics testing, speech mechanism testing, can maximize, embedded automotive system, multi-media, telephone, bluetooth, GPS etc.)
Experience in working with Tier-1 suppliers
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
-Motor vehicle electronics knowledge
-Embedded and integrated automotive systems, system level thinking
-Knowledge of Automotive Speech Deletion System (SDS)
-Onboard speech recognition, online speech recognition
-Automotive Information and Multi Media
- Navigation system, gps
- Telephone and bluetooth tech
-Eligibility to explain technical specifications
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Excellent reciprocal and organizational skills
-Inspired team players, with positive attitude and strong work ethic
Necessary special skills
-Excellent strategic thinking, communication and communication skills
-4+ year experience as a UX businessman for user experience for digital and / or product – mobile, web, software, physical + digital, motor vehicle
-Experience of UX strategies and / or design research programs and synthesis at the hands of 2+ years old
-Prioritizing 2+ years hand-on experience and preparing UX opportunities
Desirable special skills
-German language skills are desirable, but not necessary
-To support test drive and project specific training, the US And essential travel abroad
-Flexible working schedule, temporarily
You may also apply for IT Support Engineer
Information: We are not recruiting jobs, we are sharing the jobs available around the world, once you click on the application button, it will send you to the respective job provider's careers page, recruit. Jobsvacancy.us not included in any stage Directly or indirectly, we are not collecting any personal information from job seekers